The old meat market was built in 1615. The building, which was used as a theatre, was repurposed by architect Croquison in 1861. He brought the front facade - in red and yellow brick - forward, and in 1895, urban architect Jozef Vinck rebuilds the facade. The building was badly damaged during the Second World War.
There are exhibitions throughout the summer in this historical building: Private exhibitions showing artists from Veurne or elsewhere.
Location: Grote Markt 1
Visiting: The Vleeshalle is only open to the public during exhibitions.