Until 1971, Zoutenaaie was the smallest independent Belgian municipality, with 21 inhabitants.
The settlement is mentioned as early as 1144, by the name of “Saltenawa”, which loosely translates as “Salt Lake”.
The church was destroyed in 1824 and in its place, a small yellow brick memorial wall was built.
Due to lack of a good local pub, the city of Antwerp donated two emergency houses, that were scheduled to be demolished, in 1959. The Carton family was entrusted with running the pub, and they did this diligently until 2014.
|Distance from Grote Markt:
|Spend the night:
't Hof van Eden